Search This Blog

26 March, 2011

Opening Day is National Cliche Day

In the spring of 1989 I was a senior at Rollins College and invented Cliche Day. Granted, it's not Facebook and hasn't made me rich beyond my wildest dreams, but it was fun none-the-less. With opening day of the baseball season just around the corner I thought it would be a good time to bring it back and go national.
The concept is simple; when you engage in conversation with your friends, you must use cliches. The preference would be to begin your remarks with a cliche, but just getting them into the conversation is fine.
Since baseball broadcasters seem to rely on the cliche more than any other, opening day is the perfect day to break it out.

"Hey John, you look like a million dollars today."
"Thanks Tom. I'm just taking it one day at a time."
"I'm going to put my best forward and go get some lunch. Want to come?"
"Does a bear poop in the woods? Let's go."

So on Thursday celebrate National Cliche Day.
Give it %110 and help make it a tradition unlike any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment